2001 Harley Davidson Touring H-D Service Manual & 2001 H-D Electrical Diagnostics Manual for Harley Models: FLHTCUI Ultra Classic Electra Glide (2001), FLHTC/I Electra Glide Classic (2001), FLHT Electra Glide Standard (2001), FLTR/I Road Glide (2001), FLHRCI Road King Classic (2001), FLHR/I Road King (2001) and also contains the 2001 H-D FLT Police Model Service Manual Supplement and 2001 H-D FLTRSEI2 Service Manual Supplement. FLHTCUI, FLHTC, FLT, FLHTCI, FLHT, FLTR, FLTRI, FLHRCI, FLHR, FLHRI.
IGNITION COIL 8.5
1. Partially remove fuel tank. For carbureted models, see
Section 4.7 FUEL TANK (CARBURETED), PARTIAL
REMOVAL, FLHT/C, FLTR, or FLHR. For fuel injected
models, see Section 9.4 FUEL TANK (FUEL
INJECTED), PARTIAL REMOVAL, FLHTC/U-I, FLTR-I,
2. Unplug spark plug cables from ignition coil towers.
3. Pull external latch outward and use rocking motion to
remove electrical connector from left side of ignition coil.
4. Pull sides of ignition coil bracket outward to remove from
bosses of front fuel tank mount. See Figure 8-4.
5. Remove two socket screws to free ignition coil from
1. Align holes in
ignition coil with holes in bracket.
Properly positioned, connector pin housing should be
positioned at cut in bracket. Install two socket screws
and tighten to 84-144
(9.5-16.3 Nm). See Figure
2. With the coil towers facing rear of vehicle, hold ignition
coil and bracket at bottom of frame backbone. Pull sides
of bracket outward and install on bosses of front fuel
tank mount. See Figure 8-4.
3. Install electrical connector on left side of ignition coil.
Align latch on socket housing with locking tab on pin
housing and push connector halves together until latch